This tour also includes a visit to the chimpanzee camp; Kibale National Park. You will enjoy the characters of these creatures which are considered to be our closest relatives. This Uganda safari tour is only three days. The other activity will be a visit to bigodi Swamp which has many bird species as well as monkeys.
- Day 1: Kampala – kibale forest national park safari
- Day 2: Kibale forest national park
- Day 3: Kibale forest national park / Kampala
Day 1: Kampala – Kbale Forest National Park Safari
Morning cup of coffee and transfer to the beautiful town of Fort portal located in Foot hills of mountain of the moon. As you drive to Kibale you will have scenic views of banana plantations, coffee plantations, Lunch in Fort Portal town,
Proceed to Kibale relax dinner and overnight stay at Primate Lodge Kibale or Budget Chimpanzee Guest House.
Day 2 Kibale Forest National Park
Chimpanzee trekking safari and Bigodi guided walk are the safari highlights of the day. Morning briefing after you breakfast afterwards start your tracking experience in the tropical rainforest in search of the wild chimpanzees, red-tailed monkeys, black-and-white colobus monkeys and many others. Visitors trekking the Chimpanzees should know that the park is not a zoo, it is a tropical rain forest and animal sightings depends on several factors such as time of the day, fruits availability, weather and how quiet the visitor group is. After lunch we will take a guided nature walk to Bigodi Swamp located at the Eastern edge of the park, an initiative under the surrounding communities of Kibale. Bigodi swamp is famous to tourist because of its rich variety of bird species and primates like the red tailored monkeys, black and white colobus and grey cheeked mangabey. Alternatively you may take a community walk to the 2 tribes living near the park (Bakiga and Batooro).
Overnight stay at Luxury primates Lodge or Chimpanzee Guest House.
Day 3: Kibale Forest National Park / Kampala
A relaxed breakfast and drive to Kampala.
END OF SAFARI
- photography and touring,
- Chimpanzee tracking permits
- full board accommodation,
- Full time English speaking professional driver/guide,
- All tour activities as detailed in the itinerary,
- Bottled water while on safari,
- Kampala hotel fees( the eve of the safari and the night after the safari),
- Laundry services,
- Beverages/ drinks,
- international flights,
- Items of a personal nature,
- optional activities and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary